- Alentejo is set in the South of Portugal, between the Tagus River and the Algarve. The East borders Spain and the West is bathed by the Atlantic Ocean.
- It is an extensive region, essentially rural and sparsely populated, which makes up about one third of Portugal.
- Alentejo surprises with fantastic beaches, endless plains, unique cuisine, to see and live and savor. The beauty of its landscapes and the wonder of its archaeological, monumental, architectural and ethnographic heritage and, par excellence, its cuisine and wines, provide the visitor with exceptional experiences to be discovered through nature and cultural tourism.
- For detailed tourist information, access the official Portugal Tourism Website.
Sublime Comporta Resort
Nearby the Comporta beach, nestled on a stunning 17-hectare estate, surrounded by undulating umbrella pines, cork trees and wild sand dunes, a magical, unspoiled place where nature presides. Each villa has a private pool, fireplace and large outdoor areas.
São Lourenço do Barrocal
Set in the rolling landscapes of The Alentejo, amid ancient holm trees, olive groves and vineyards, São Lourenço do Barrocal is a step back in time that offers a glimpse of authentic Portugal. An ancient monte reimagined as a luxury hotel, understated elegance reigns supreme in 40 tranquil farmhouse guestrooms whilst a farm-to-table approach in the restaurant serves to underline the rich bounty of the region. Blanketed with colourful wildflower meadows that swirl with butterflies and delicate floral scents, this is our favourite rural retreat. Set within a 780-hectare estate, there is a lot of São Lourenço do Barrocal to explore; and so many ways to do it. Each guest room comes with a pair of complimentary bicycles, perfect for getting from the pool to your lunchtime picnic. But you can also saddle up and explore the orchards on horseback – or, for a dose of rural romance, ride up to the hilltop estate of Monsaraz to watch the sunset over Alqueva Lake. Come nightfall, the Alqueva Dark Sky Reserve shines overhead with some of the best stargazing in the world, whilst early in the morning, a sunrise hot air balloon ride gives way to mesmerising views over these tranquil landscapes.
- THE TIME prepare personalized tours, in the most convenient way for the visitor.
- Available services:
- Private guides
- Always with a permanent and convenient concierge service by THE TIME, for any kind of question, for any kind of suggestion, for any help needed.