- Douro Valley could easily be called the “enchanted valley”, thanks to its beauty and magic landscapes offers.
- The story of Port Wine begins where is produced, in the Douro Valley.
- Departing from Porto, where the river flows into the sea and where the Douro wines (table wines and Port wine), produced on its hillsides, also end up.
- Walking tours can be complemented by exclusive use of trams or the wonderful Rabelo boats which once transported the barrels of wine down to the city of Porto from the Douro Valley.
- Highlights venues:
- Boat trips.
- For detailed tourist information, access the official Portugal Tourism Website.
Six Senses Douro Valley
Six Senses Douro Valley is located in the beautiful and historic UNESCO World Heritage-listed Douro Valley. It offers an exceptional experience for the wine and spa connoisseur. Comprising a beautifully renovated 19th century manor house and set upon a hill overlooking the rolling vineyards or the Douro Valley and the river below, it is a very relaxing place to stay, offering plenty to do and see. The hotel’s stunning Wine Library & Terrace offers guests a delightful place to enjoy wines, self-service-style, while the Six Senses Spa is a blissfully tranquil retreat to while away a few hours with a sumptuous treatment. Six Senses Douro Valley also serves up a fantastic range of dishes that celebrate the region and uses produce that is harvested from the valley and surrounding countryside. The estate’s organic garden is the source of delicious fresh vegetables and herbs that are picked as and when required, straight from the garden to kitchen to plate.
- THE TIME prepare personalized tours, in the most convenient way for the visitor.
- Available services:
- Private guides
- Always with a permanent and convenient concierge service by THE TIME, for any kind of question, for any kind of suggestion, for any help needed.